Select Your Location below
At Century Mold, it is our policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals. To achieve this goal, Century Mold is dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance employment, qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All personnel actions, including compensation, benefits, recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion of persons in all job titles, will be administered without regard to race, color , religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status, and all employment decisions are based solely on valid job requirements.
Available positions in Rochester NY
Job Title: Buyer
Date Posted: 1/15/2018 3:49:24 PM
Century Mold, a plastics manufacturer in the automotive industry, is looking for a Buyer to work at our corporate headquarters in Rochester, New York. If you have excellent computer skills, are a strong negotiator with five to ten years experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment (preferably in plastics and/or the automotive industry) and are excited to be a part of an experienced and successful team, this position is for you.
Century Mold: Our company produces plastic components that can be found on most vehicles on the road in North America for end customers like Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota and Nissan. Come work in a modern, air conditioned facility where you are not just a number, where safety and cleanliness are valued and where it is your home away from home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability consistent with just-in-time inventory practices
- Establish and develop beneficial relationships with suppliers for the company
- Create and issue purchase orders, negotiating price and delivery where applicable
- Maximize inventory turns by minimizing on-hand inventory while avoiding material disruptions to the manufacturing operation
- Review and issue debit memos
- Work with Quality Control to qualify new suppliers
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four to ten years related experience and/or training.
Some travel to local or out of town suppliers
Medical & Dental benefits plus HSA company contributions
Short Term & Long Term Disability provided
Paid vacations and holidays